Dear Community Members,
I am delighted that our new track and fields have been put into service this week! As you are aware, there is near-constant demand for their use – physical education classes, recess, team practices and games, AYSO, Dad’s Club, residents getting exercise, and more.
That being the case, it is important that we all understand and adhere to the rules governing use of our fields. We want to ensure the safety of our students, the health of all users, and the maximum life expectancy of the fields themselves.
Here are the rules regarding use of our fields:
- Like our school buildings, our fields and track may be used only by students and staff during the school day.
- We know you love walking our track, but doing so while schools are in session is a breach of security and a safety concern.
- We encourage you to continue to use our track whenever school is not in session and whenever students are not using it for practices.
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, strollers, chairs, metal spikes, golf equipment and other items that might damage the fields are not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed anywhere on school grounds. This includes the new track and fields.
- To protect the financial investment we’ve made in our fields, water is the only beverage allowed on the new turf fields. Also, please refrain from bringing food onto the turf fields. Sunflower seeds are a major no-no. The seeds and their shells get in between the grass blades and can’t be easily removed by the machines used to keep the field in good shape.
- Group use of the track and fields requires a permit
I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
In closing, please treat our new fields and our school buildings with care. For your children, this is their “home away from home.”
Director of Athletics